- Dedicate time to working on your technique.
- Isolate the difficult sections of pieces and practice them by themselves.
- Play through the piece only twice when you practice it.
- Don’t practice all of your repertoire in one day.
- Know when playing won’t accomplish any more.
Like most people, sometimes you just do not have much time to practice. Below is a list of things that you can do to your practicing to maximize the time you have available for your practicing. Most of these things can be done easily and quickly to your practice sessions.
So, you’ve decided to study guitar formally with a teacher. Congratulation! As a teacher, the first 2-3 months of lessons are extremely important because so many new concepts and ideas are being introduced (even if you have previous musical/guitar related experience). The following are some tips to help you get the most out of your first few months of lessons.